Friends For Sale

I closed my eyes took a deep breath and steadily wandered into my new school, Westridge Middle School. I knew by then I was in for a treat! As I glanced from side without trying to get notice. My first day could have gone better, if I knew anyone, but I can’t blame any one. I don’t know about you but when you are going to middle school you have no choice but to fit in. Being the new kid stinks! The only good thing is that you have a choice of who you can be friends with though, but that’s not hard at all. What is really hard is finding someone who is will to talk to the new girl in school. Oh yeah I know, no one is! And if your a new MIDDLE SCHOOLER you can’t make it worst then that!
The day went slow, so slow that I started counting seconds till the end of class. The teachers made me even regret coming to this school. They kept talking and talking about rules and expectations that everybody expects of us, but guess what we’re in middle school. In here rules can’t stop us from doing something crazy. It’s like they get payed to talk! Oh right they do get payed to scream at us!

Listening to teachers was one thing, but listening to other students talking to another totally different situation. All I’m hearing in the background is,” Omg, I haven’t seen you all summer! ” and ” What did he say about me? ”

My locker was not very cooperative since it clearly hated me, but by then I did my combination over and over ” Two time to the right stop at your first number, turn to your left two times stop on the second number, go to the next number stop and lift.” Finally freedom to the locker.

Then terror came, LUNCH! I was alone; who was I going to sit by? Until this moment that changed my whole year. ” Vivian, come sit with us! ” when I turned around I saw a girl. She was waving at me while smiling? As soon I got to the table that girl was at, ” Hi I’m Rebecca Madden we have gym at the same time. As the lunch period past I realized she just became my friend.

I was nervous last year at this same time because I was alone. But now I am the one inviting friends into our group. I am pretty sure that if I move schools again I won’t be so nervous cause I know what I have to do.

One thought on “Friends For Sale

1. I love the personification of the locker!

I’m glad Rebecca reached out to you that first day at lunch :- ) Good job showing the fear that comes with being the new kid at school.